PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 NOTICE (“NOTICE”)
Collection, Recording, Storage and Retention of Personal Information
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) is an Act that is passed by the Malaysian government to regulate the processing of personal data in a commercial transaction. HMT Marketing Sdn Bhd (“HMT”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of information entrusted to us inaccordance with the Act. Please read this Notice to learn about your rights, the information we collect and how we use and protect it.
What are we keeping your personal data for?
The purposes for which your personal data may be used are, but not limited to:-
- Internal record keeping;
- To improve, provide, promote and render services, products and product recommendation, where relevant, to existing and prospective clients;
- To customize our website and social media content and personalising the same to the extent we think would be of interest based on interactions with us;
- To enable you to provide goods or services to us (whether in the form of samples or otherwise), where applicable;
- To assess your job application, identify qualified candidates, and forwarding candidate career inquiries to our human resources team;
- To administer your participation in any contest/programme organized by us;
- To conduct internal activities;
- To send you festive messages, promotional messages and special offers based on your privacy preferences;
- To better understand your needs as our customer;
- For improving our security and fraud prevention purposes which includes but is not limited to administering, maintaining and ensuring the security of our information systems, applications and websites;
- For the purposes of statistical analysis of data obtained;
- For profiling your preferences based on your activity on any of our Platforms (as hereinafter defined);
- For finance and marketing activities;
- For the purposes of our corporate governance, including but not limited to complying with the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing Act 2001;
- For the purposes of our corporate exercises;
- For the purposes of complying with the Companies Act 2016;
- For the purposes of inclusion in media engagements and / or any relevant or related events;
- For the purposes of us preparing guest invitations, registration and / or sign-ups for our events;
- For the purposes of printed and on-line publications on our Platforms or otherwise; (collectively, “the Purposes”). For the purposes of this Notice, “Platforms” shall mean our website and any social media platform available in the market that is currently in use by us which shall include but not be limited to Facebook, Youtube, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat, and references to “Platform” shall mean all or any one of them.
How is your personal data collected?
Your personal data will be collected from your activity on our Platforms, including but not limited to your participation in completing the various on-line forms available during your visits to our Platforms, existing guest lists, business cards, guest books and/or any events organised by us.
You may be required to supply us with your name, company’s name, address, country, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email address. If you fail to supply us with such personal data, we may not be able to process and/or disclose your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
Will your personal data be transferred?
Please be informed that your personal data may be disclosed, disseminated and/or transferred to companies within our Group (including the holding company, subsidiaries, associated, related and affiliated companies as well as their subsidiaries, associated and affiliated companies, both local and international), whether present or future (collectively, “the Group”) or to any third party organizations or persons for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and all such other purposes that are related to the Purposes and also in providing integrated services, maintaining and storing records.
How is your personal data protected?
To this end, we are committed in ensuring the confidentiality, protection, security and accuracy of your personal data made available to us. We have put appropriate technical and organisational security policies and procedures in place to protect personal data (including sensitive personal data) from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We aim to ensure that access to your personal data is limited only to those who need to access it. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information. In this regard, we may apply pseudonymisation, de-identification and anonymisation techniques in efforts to further protect personal data.
Your responsibility for your personal data.
It is your obligation to ensure that all personal data submitted to us and retained by us are accurate, not misleading, updated and complete in all aspects. For the avoidance of doubt, we and/or the Group and/or its employees or authorized officers or agents will not be responsible for any personal data submitted by you to us that is inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and not updated. Further, we may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is made available by you to us and you hereby agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
Requesting for your personal data.
You may at any time after the submission of your personal data to us, submit your request for access to your personal data by submitting such request to us at the address stated below in the event:
- you require access to and/or wish to make corrections to your personal data subject to compliance of such request for access or correction not being refused under the provisions of the Act and/or other existing laws;
- you wish to enquire about your personal data;
- you wish to object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling. We may need to keep some minimal information to comply with your request to cease marketing to you;
- you wish to withdraw your consent that you have previously given to one or more of the above Purposes to process your personal data. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. It may however mean we are not able to continue providing or to provide certain products or services to you.
No.3 Jalan Industri Batu Caves 1/1,
Taman Perindustrian Batu Caves,
68000 Batu Caves,
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Any personal data retained by us shall be destroyed and/or deleted from our records and system in accordance with our retention policy in the event such data is no longer required for the above Purposes.
Changes to this Notice
We regularly review this Notice and will post any updates to it on our Platforms, where necessary. This Privacy Notice was last updated 28 October 2019. We trust that you have read and consented to the processing of your personal data and that you declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements and terms herein.